Label: Topic Records - 12T170 • Format: Vinyl LP, Album • Country: UK • Genre: Folk, World, & Country • Style: Folk
· After a gap of about three years between releases, Shirley Collins returned to recording with the LP The Sweet the U.K. folk scene was undergoing some changes at the time, in part due to the influence of folksingers writing their own material and the emergence of folk-rock, those influences aren't felt at all on this set, which remains traditional to the core/10(5).
· Enjoy!! (:A1 All Things Are Quite Silent A2 Cambridgeshire May Carol A3 Spencer The Rover A4 The Rigs Of The Time A5 The Cruel Mother A6 The Bird In The Bush.
· · Shirley Collins' recording was also included as the closing track of her anthology Within Sound. Tim Hart and Maddy Prior recorded Babes in the Wood in for their first duo album Folk Songs of Old England Vol. 1. Alison McMorland sang Babes in the Wood in on her album with The Excelsior Band (featuring Pete Bullock), The Funny Family.
Buy whole album with 10% discount - ONLY €.
· George Collins The Babes In The Wood Down In Yon Forest The Magpie’s Nest False True Love The Sweet Primeroses *This track was unlisted on the original LP. Guitar, vocals, 5-string banjo – Shirley Collins Portative pipe-organ and arrangements – Dolly Collins. Chorus – The Young Tradition (Peter Bellamy, Royston Wood and Heather Wood).
- Diese Wolken In Den Höhen - Peter Schreier, Walter Olbertz – Beethoven* / Hindemith* / Schumann* - E